Professional Truck Driver Jobs in Stratford
You’re Not Just Another Cog in the Machine of a Huge Business
You’re part of the family.
For over 100 years, our tradition of caring for our clients, drivers, and the communities we serve has led to one of the highest retention rates in the industry. Every day we put the best equipment in the hands of our drivers so you can feel proud of what you drive and who you drive for.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It
Hear what our drivers have to say.
“I have liked my 6 years working here. The owners are the last of good family-based employers.” - Leonard Leasa”— Leonard Leasa, Driver
“Drivers retire here! Safety Department is World Class”— Tim Stackhouse, Driver
“Great place to work!”— James Tiegs, Driver
About the Role
Steed Standard Transport is looking for a full-time, long-haul driver to join our team!
As a driver, you will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of loads to our clients.
You will also be responsible for supervising and performing the loading and unloading of freight, ensuring compliance with all governmental regulations, and operating a tractor-trailer unit in a safe and defensive driving manner.
- A valid Ontario Class AZ driver’s license
- Meet minimum medical standards for commercial driver’s licensing
- Working knowledge of MTO and DOT Regulations, WHMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, and other pertinent Federal, State, and Provincial regulations
- Ability to work at heights of up to 5 feet
- Climb ladders and steps at your own pace
- Function under repetitive movement to shift transmission and operate safely
- Remain Drug and Alcohol-Free to perform in a safety-sensitive functional position
- Valid passport or FAST PASS Card, Transborder experience
- 3-5 years of professional driving experience (preferred)
Why You Should Drive With SST
- Competitive salaries with a graduated pay scale
- Bonuses for driving safe and driving smart
- Good runs that won’t keep you waiting
- Dedicated, top-of-the-line US Trucks
- Family-owned and operated Canadian Company
- In-house training on the latest transport technologies
- Team culture that truly treats employees like family
Family Owned and Operated
SST is a Canadian family-owned and operated business spanning four generations. Headquartered in Stratford, Ontario since 1913, we are proud to be one of the most recognized and dependable transportation companies.
At most companies drivers are under a lot of pressure to meet deadlines, and this can lead to dangerous driving habits.
At SST we don’t place our drivers in those situations. Our dedicated routes mean that you know where you’re going each day. You don’t have to wait in docking yards for pickups, and you can be on the road for no more than 3 days at a time. Most importantly, it means that you can plan to be home with your family.
This allows you to stay focused and alert, and it minimizes the risk of accidents.
You’re not just a number. That’s why we want you to know exactly what you’re driving each day. You won’t find any surprises here — just a clean, well-maintained truck that you can be proud to call your own. And because you maintain your own environment, you can be sure that it’s always clean and comfortable.
We offer a number of bonus incentives to our drivers to reward them for their hard work. From safety to smart driving and referrals, we have a number of bonuses to show our appreciation.